UTS AFC seeking a Women’s Premier Division Coach for the 2018 Season
The UTSAFC is seeking a head coach for their AFL Sydney Premier Division women’s side in 2018.
The UTSAFC exists to be a place which enhances people’s lives by bringing AFL football and friendship together in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. Our strategy is Culture before Football. This makes us successful on and off the field. You are a better footballer and a better person after spending time at the Bats and Shamrocks. We offer playing levels from Premier Division through to 5th grade in the men’s (Bats) competition as well as Premier Division and 2nd grade in the women’s (Shamrocks).
On the back of our successful initial season in the Premier competition, as well as the inaugural AFLW season, we are on the lookout for the right person to take the Shamrocks through the next phase of our journey. With a healthy playing list for two teams in 2018 and a strong volunteer base the club is growing.
The applicants must be able to demonstrate an ability to:
• Embody and support our club culture
• Engage our playing list, energise and motivate
• Understand the ‘Female’ game and develop game plans that suit our playing list
• Have a desire to make a difference to women’s AFL in Sydney
• Attendance at training two nights per week. Be prepared with drills to run a 2 hour session that incorporates fitness with specific AFL technical drills.
• Game day duties – Be available for 3 hours every Saturday for the scheduled match to organise team, make team changes, warm down with team.
• Provide feedback on team performance on a weekly basis.
• Instruct the players placed under their care generally and to see that all players carry out sufficient training.
• Attend club events throughout the season as required.
• Report to the head coach and committee throughout the season.
• Liaise and run sessions in conjunction with the 2nd grade coach.
• Accountable to the UTS AFC executive, head coach Nic Fosdike and coaching coordinator.
• Prior coaching experience is necessary. AFL coaching experience would be advantageous. Minimum level 1 coaching qualification for head coach with ambition to achieve level 2.
• Assistance will be given to the coaches to develop their coaching qualifications.
Please send a one page document to the club (email@example.com) outlining key capabilities and experience by 22 December. For further information contact head coach Nic Fosdike (firstname.lastname@example.org).