The AFL considers the role and the responsibilities of coaches to be of paramount importance in the development of players at all levels of the game. The AFL recognises that coaches have significantly more influence upon players than any other person in the game and they play a key role in the enjoyment and retention of players.
The AFL Level 1 Youth and Senior Online Coaching Course is designed to enable coaches, or prospective coaches, to improve their skills and knowledge about the art and science of coaching. It also forms part of the AFL’s overall coach accreditation program for beginning coaches of youth (secondary school aged) and senior (open-aged) footballers.
Gaining AFL Level 1 Youth or Senior Coaching Accreditation is a three-step process where you will need to complete the following components:
- The Level 1 Youth and Senior Online Coaching Course
- A one day face-to-face facilitated workshop
- A practical coaching session
By completing the AFL Level 1 Youth & Senior Online Coaching Course, you will not only benefit from gaining skills, knowledge and values necessary to assist you to effectively perform the multi-faceted role of a coach, you’ll also develop a more positive attitude towards coaching that we hope will inspire you to progress to the next step in AFL coaching accreditation.
We want you to enjoy your learning and development experiences and hope that you have a rewarding coaching career.
Four easy steps to start the course:
- Add to Cart
- Confirm selected course and Proceed to Checkout
- Register new user details or, if you have one, login with existing username
- Confirmation of registration – click the link to go straight to your personal training account and start the course