Parramatta Goannas Men’s and Women’s Head Coach – Applications Open
The Parramatta Goannas Senior AFL Club is seeking expressions of interest for both the position of Senior Men’s Head Coach and Women’s Head Coach for the 2021 season and beyond.
We are lucky to have great depth of talent within our young playing group and currently field the following teams
- – Men – 1sts and Reserves (2020 Finalists) – Platinum Division
- – Women – Division 1 (2020 Premiership) & Division 2 (2018 Premiership)
- – Under 19s – Division 2 (2019 Premiership, 2020 Finalists)
The Goannas is a culturally diverse community club with over 40 year’s history, based at Gipps Rd Oval Greystanes in Western Sydney.
We are one of the few clubs to have exclusive use of our home ground for 12-months of the year with a fantastic club room and terrific facilities.
Men’s Football: Head Coach
Given the depth of talent in our young playing list, this is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to teach and develop the group with a view to being in a position to contest for a Premiership in the next 2 to 3 years.
Our Under 19s (in a joint venture with West Magpies) were undefeated 2019 Premiers, and in 2020 our stand-alone Under 19s side made the finals with a very young squad. The majority of this squad will again play under 19s again next year, and we are well supported by 3 well established junior clubs and a number of schools in the local area.
Women’s Football: Head Coach
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop a highly successful, premiership-winning group with a view to develop our Division 2 ladies and realise our Premier Division ambitions for Division 1 in 2021/2022.
Winning the Division 2 premiership in their first year (2018), the Goannas ladies expanded to include a new Division 3 team as the 2018 premiers were promoted to Division 1. After finishing Minor Premiers, Division 2 went down in a hard-fought battle in the grand final. 2020 was the Goannas ladies most dominant year finishing Minor Premiers after dominant and unbeaten season before finishing as the 2020 Women’s Division 1 Premiers.
In 2021 and beyond, the club wishes to further advance women’s football through the successful defence of the Division 1 Premiership, possible promotion into the Premier Division, and the development of the Reserve Grade team and talent pathways.
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- – A club-first attitude and the ability to create a culture that is challenging, enjoyable and inclusive. A culture that all players want to be involved in and contribute to.
- – High Standards, excellent leadership and communication skills with a mature approach to football.
- – A strong commitment to teach, mentor, develop and grow the entire playing list, with genuine engagement with all skill levels and personalities.
- – Willingness to work collaboratively within our existing coaching team and footy department.
- – Ability to identify and recruit new players to the club with a strategic mind for long term development of player pipelines.
- – Demonstrated organisational skills.
All applicants must have their Level 1 coaching accreditation or be prepared to complete this prior to the 2021 season (the club will reimburse any expenses for this course).
Previous coaching experience is desirable however the club will consider all suitable applicants.
For further information please contact: Terry Kennedy (Recruitment Manager) on 0457 723 057
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and can be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close on 30/11/2020