AFL Sydney seeking Football Operations Coordinator
AFL Sydney is currently on the look out for an efficient and effective Football Operations Coordinator to work within the AFL Sydney Seniors team.
FOOTBALL OPERATIONS COORDINATOR – AFL SYDNEY SENIORS
Support the AFL Sydney Seniors competition in a values driven culture with fantastic team benefits.
Our goal here at the AFL is to enhance and grow the game across all states and all levels – from grassroots to elite. As one team, we put on the game, build participation, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. Our roles may vary but we are all united by our common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Football Operations Coordinator – AFL Sydney Seniors will play a crucial role in the efficient and effective conduct of the AFL Sydney Seniors competition.
The primary responsibility is the sound administration and day-to-day operations of the AFL Sydney Seniors competition. This will include responsibility for competition planning and operations plus effective communication with clubs and other key stakeholders. The role will also be responsible for executing AFL Sydney’s Social Media and Website Content in conjunction with the AFL NSW/ACT Social Media and Content Coordinator.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check.
The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Manage all competition arrangements, including finals matches
- Assist in the fixturing process for all competitions
- Resolve club enquiries, including match day, regulatory and player eligibility issues
- Administer rules and By-Laws including compliance and review process
- Oversee all player and official registrations, transfers and clearances for AFL Sydney Seniors
- Assist clubs with the FootyWeb/SportsTG competition management system
- Ensure all match results and paperwork are submitted as per the By-Laws
- Distribute competition results to media
- Complete the competition weekly match day tasks (paperwork, post-match processes)
- Management of the AFL Sydney website and social media accounts
- Deliver Content to the AFL Sydney website and social media accounts
- Co-ordinate and assist in presentation functions and other events
- Other duties as required by the Football Operations Manager – AFL Sydney Seniors
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Developed administration skills
- Developed organisational skills
- Developed planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to identify problems and provide quality solutions
- Ability to remain effective when faced with changing tasks, responsibilities or people
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of Australian Rules Football, especially the Sydney football landscape
- Experience in developing and executing website/social media content
- Ability to work with volunteer boards and committees
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners