LEVEL 3 COURSE
The Level 3 Coach Accreditation is designed to provide identified coaches with the education and development to prepare them as a performance coach at either AFL, State or Community level. The program is also designed to develop broader leadership skills and competencies required to be successful in other similar high-performance football environments.
1. Hold a current AFL Level 2 Coach accreditation for a minimum of two years
2. Currently coaching in one of the AFL target group programs as listed for the specific stream below:
AFL Club Level 3 Coach Accreditation
– Coaches with a coaching role at an AFL Club
– AFL Academy coaches
– AFL players transitioning to coaching with a coaching role at an AFL Club
State/Talent Level 3 Coach Accreditation
– State League Coaches
– NAB League Coaches
– AFL Talent Pathway Coaches
– Coaching Manager, Developer or Coordinator roles, where management of a coaching program and/or a panel of coaches is involved, will be considered
3. Evidence of a commitment to on-going education will be highly regarded when selecting between candidates of similar merit
4. Preparedness to assist in AFL or State football development programs
5. Endorsement of their Club, Academy or State body (State Coaching Manager)
While state governing bodies administer Level 1 and Level 2 coaching courses, Level 3 courses are run by the national body: the AFL.
The level 3 course accreditation is for coaches involved in AFL, state leagues, regional squads or other programs in the AFL Talent Pathway. Coaches working in or aspiring to this level may apply to be invited to a week-long, live in program. The course covers in greater depth those areas dealt with in Level 2 as well as relevant current issues, including technology, public relations and coaches as program managers and mentors.
Coaching Development & Education Lead NSW/ACT
For more information on the course & upcoming dates visit CoachAFL