AFL Sydney on the look out for casual staff
Come and join the AFL Sydney and AFL NSW/ACT team by becoming a Kids Program Officer.
Roles are available across the Sydney Harbour team in the North, South and City regions.
Kids Program Officer – Sydney
– Casual roles available
– Teach kids AFL skills
– Values driven culture
Our goal here at the AFL is to enhance and grow the game across all states and all levels – from grassroots to elite. As one team, we put on the game, build participation, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. Our roles may vary but we are all united by our common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Kids Program Officer you will assist in the delivery of programs through coaching, umpiring and promotion of AFL in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
As the face of AFL programs in NSW ACT you will be responsible for building positive relationships and representing the game to improve knowledge of and participation in AFL.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check.
The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
– Assist with conducting AFL programs including Auskick, Community programs and Intra/Inter School Competitions and programs
– Umpiring at School and District competitions
– Promotion of programs within schools including clinics and school assemblies
– Provide assistance and support to Development Coordinators and Program Leaders as required
– Ensure all programs are conducted in a fun and safe manner
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
– NSW or ACT Driver’s License and transport
– NSW or ACT working with Children check or ability to acquire one
– Coaching qualification or equivalent depth of experience in coaching
– Experience coaching school aged children
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact AFL Sydney Development Coordinator, Aimee Rainbird at firstname.lastname@example.org.