If you umpire for a club, below is the process for becoming an accredited club umpire
- Click on umpiring and select AFL Club Umpire Program
- Add to cart and follow the steps
- NB: This must be completed by the first match. Once this is completed, all club umpires need to ensure that they print the Statement of Attainment Certificate and keep a copy – this will also need to be handed in to AFL Sydney. This course is free to complete online and should take less than half an hour.
3. Complete Competency Checklist Practical
- After completing the On-line Theory Accreditation club umpires will then have to complete the Field Umpire Checklist
- The umpire needs to be assessed by a Team Official from the opposing club, a League appointed umpire or a League official during an AFL Sydney match
4. Once the Practical Competency and On-Line Theory has been successfully completed, both forms should then be sent to AFL Sydney whereby the umpires accreditation details will be updated on Footyweb to reflect the successful completion.
Once successful, the accreditation is valid for 3 years.
Please note, club umpires are more than welcome to attend any AFL Sydney Umpire training sessions:
Tuesday’s 6pm till 7.30pm
North Sydney Oval, Miller St, North Sydney
Thursday’s 6pm till 7.30pm
Blacktown International Sports Park AFL Oval 2, Eastern Rd, Rooty Hill
Club umpires should contact Pierce Field at email@example.com if they are interested in attending.