UTS AFC on the hunt for a Senior Coach – APPLY NOW
Background to the role:
After five years of coaching the Men’s Premier Division Team, UTS AFC Senior Coach and ex-Swans premiership winning footballer, Nic Fosdike has decided to take a step back and focus on other opportunities.
The club is greatly appreciative of the service and support Nic has provided the team over the past five years and acknowledges the team development and establishment of key fundamentals for the team to target near term success in Sydney’s premier football competition.
This has created a vacancy and opportunity for an experienced coach to be appointed as the senior men’s coach of the UTS AFC men’s premier division team for the 2020 season and beyond. A playing/coaching role is also available.
Senior Coach Responsibilities:
– With the full support of the club’s committee, the senior coach will have a willingness to buy into the UTS AFC culture and successfully integrate this new team into the existing Club structure, in line with our strategy and club direction
– Liaise with all current premier division players and outline the plan for the coming 2020 season including developing a pre-season and regular season training regime.
– Liaise with the club committee and existing coaches of lower grades team to ensure the team is embracing to our Club Values (positive talk, respect and Inclusiveness) and Playing Values (hardness, relentless, unified, discipline and integrity)
– Provide regular individual and group feedback to the playing group
– Assist and management the recruitment and retention of players
– Pre-season training Monday and Wednesday until end of the year at 6:30pm – 8:15pm at Bat & Ball Oval (Moore Park)
– Regular training from second week of January, Tuesday and Thursday nights (6:30pm to 8:30pm) Trumper Park (Paddington) and Bat & Ball Oval (Moore Park)
– Match Days typically Saturdays afternoons between March – August
Renumeration / Contract Length:
A tailored renumeration package is available and the club is looking for a candidate that can commit to the club for a minimum of two season. A player / coach package is also available for the appropriate candidate.
About UTS AFC:
Established in 2000, The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) Australian Football Club (AFC) (together UTS AFC) is Sydney’s Eastern suburbs premier AFL football club fielding eight teams across the Men’s, Women’s and Under 19’s competitions in the Sydney AFL. Both Men’s and Women’s senior teams compete in their respective Premier Division Level competition.
The Bats are more than just a great football club – it’s a great professional, social and business network that will remain for your lifetime. New and experienced players of any level are invited to join the club.
In 2018/2019 The UTS Men’s ‘Bats’ team and UTS Women’s ‘Shamrocks’ team merged to create the UTS AFC. Both clubs successful in their own right, came together to form a powerhouse and well-respected club and are seen as a premier club in the Sydney AFL competition.
Further information and applications:
For further information please reach out to James Caica (0455 225 507) or Damien Menzies (0405 606 044).